In today’s society, many people experience back pain and write it off as just part of being human. We’re here to tell you that back pain is not something you just have to accept. It’s quite the opposite, actually. With the right treatment and resources, you can find relief from back pain and experience a better quality of life. At McWhorter CNR, we have a very unique and innovative approach to improving spinal health and relieving back pain.
Understanding Back Pain
While the vertebrae that make up your spine are quite small when compared to some of the other bones in the body, the vulnerability of the spine lends itself to regular and recurring back pain for many people. The back is so much more than just your vertebrae, it includes a plethora of muscles, ligaments, and discs that are ultimately the center point for the rest of your body. The joints and soft tissue in the back can all be affected by your lifestyle and lead to chronic pain. Let’s dive into some of the common causes, symptoms, and treatment options available for back pain.
What Causes Spinal Pain?
Spinal pain can be acute or chronic, depending on how the injury or inflammation occurred. The causes related to back pain vary widely, but those causes can often be categorized into a specific type of injury.
- Muscle or ligament strain - Because the spine is central to the rest of your body, even one wrong move can lead to a muscle or ligament strain that causes you back pain.
- Bulging or ruptured disks - The discs of your spine act as a cushion between your numerous vertebrae. However, this soft tissue can bulge out or rupture entirely if too much pressure is put on a disk.
- Arthritis - Degenerative joint disorders, like arthritis, can lead to chronic back pain and, in some cases, spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the canal around the spinal cord.
- Skeletal irregularities - Injuries or disorders like scoliosis that affect how the vertebrae that make up the spine sit on top of one another can also lead to back pain.
While some causes of back pain require more in-depth treatment and therapy than others, the process of identifying and recovering from back pain almost always requires the insight of a spinal health and back pain expert.
There are also a number of factors that can make you more or less susceptible to back pain, including your age, weight, activity levels, exercise and activity form, smoking, leisure habits, and much more. Whether you’re a young athlete looking to support the long-term health of your spine to prevent back pain down the road or you experience chronic back pain now and want to find relief by treating the source of your pain and building up the strength and flexibility to maintain a healthy spine, McWhorter CNR can help.
What Are The Symptoms Of Back Pain?
The symptoms of back pain are not overly complicated. Pain and discomfort in the back are among the most common and obvious symptoms. In some cases, depending on the nature of the injury, you’ll notice pain that radiates down the legs or numbness into your feet and toes.
How Can McWhorter CNR Treat Back Pain In Denver?
The right course of treatment for back pain depends on the factors that got you to where you are today. If you are overweight and don’t exercise regularly, traditional chiropractic therapy will likely only provide pain relief for a limited time if you don’t modify your lifestyle and habits to support a healthier spine. Likewise, if you are an athlete who is continuously pushing your physical limits, one trip to the hyperbaric oxygen chamber isn’t going to cut it.
There are a number of things you can do to prevent back pain in the first place and maintain pain relief after the fact. These include:
- Exercising regularly
- Not remaining overly sedentary, especially if you work a desk job
- Building strength, specifically through your core
- Exercising good posture
- Avoiding shoes, like high heels, that don’t support healthy spinal alignment
- Sleeping on a high-quality mattress
Additionally, having the support of a chiropractor who can also offer supplementary services to treat aches and pains along the way, will be beneficial in finding long-term relief from back pain.
Relieve Back Pain In Denver At McWhorter CNR
At our core, McWhorter CNR is a chiropractic service provider, but we are passionate about leveraging cutting-edge technology to provide our patients with all the resources they could possibly need to relieve pain and lead their best life.
If you suffer from acute or chronic back pain, contact McWhorter CNR today to set up a consultation.